Saturday, November 9, 2013

Le Chateau de Grignan et autre chose!



Hello hello everyone,
So, I just finished at two week fall break! Not something we have in the states- and it was great. The coolest thing was definately getting to see a local chateau, aka castle. I'll try to give some history but mostly I'll let the pictures speak for themselves! I really loved it, the architecture, the story, everything. But yes, I am a huge history nerd ;) 




This is something I find really interesting. Pictured here, is the local church for the village and chateau. When it was constructed it was necessary to gain permission from the pope, because the path on the roof was considered allowing people "to walk on god" 

Host parents! 
The room of the King! 


Also over break I went to valence with my exchange student friends, and spent one evening with my French friends.. Loved both. :D <3

Also, Halloween! I went to the house of my third host family for dinner and then we went trick or treating! Me, the exchange student there, and their daughter who was visiting from college! I haven't been trick or treating since I was 4 or 5, but it was fun to be silly with friends! :) and the candy wasn't bad either ;) 

And of course the homework. A lottt. Haven't recieved grades for anything yet, but I felt accomplished doing homework in French :P 

In other news.. I don't have a lot :) I think I'm making good progress with French.. I understand around 93% of the conversations, the next goal I have it to be able to talk. Still when I talk my words get jumbled and I sound a little like the teachers in the Charlie Brown series ;)

Everything is good, someone told me before I left that October and November would be the most difficult months of my exchange, and now I think I understand why! Your no longer the new foreigner, but it's also still obvious that your foreign.. And with the approach of thanksgiving Christmas (and for me personally, my birthday) it's easy to feel lonely and start to miss family and close friends.. However, fortunately I have very kind host families, who are always willing to help, great friends, and the simple realization that I'm living in a beautiful place of a beautiful country!

Ok that's all I've got for now! 

Until next time, 

Xoxo 

Sydney 









No comments:

Post a Comment