Friday, October 4, 2013

A week in the life of me



Haha, so I couldn't pass this one up- there is something funny to me about seeing "mr. Propre" instead of mr clean. ;) 





A funny story for you all as well- mostly any Americans reading this. But I'll give you a little insight into how were seen in France :P 

In history Thursday the professor was discussing territories, and how humans naturally find their territories- the same with countries- however when he started discussing how these are marked he asked who marks their territories? 

A student after much thought raised his hand and replied, "the Americans?" 
Don't know if I want to know his thought process behind that one :) 

In other news I received my first french grade this week, and for a test I couldn't really read, I was decently happy with my grade. Not happy enough to announce it on the internet however ;) for anyone curious, the grades are not based off of a A-F scale but instead 1/20. 

Last weekend I went to a birthday party of a friends. I loved being able to spend time with french people my age, and I had a great time. It's so nice to have friends and feel welcome. (For the record everyone I spend a large amount of time with always makes me feel welcome, it's more of just a general observation) <3 

On a different note this week has definately been the hardest of my time here- but no one ever said it would be easy. I've struggled a lot with french, and gotten easily frustrated at some cultural differences, and been a little homesick. However, as if nothing has changed I love it here, and couldn't imagine it any differently.. 

Looking to the future, Tommorow I am going to a fair with my host family and Sunday my 2nd rotary weekend! In 2 weeks, I will have a week and a half of no school for which I'm super excited!! 

And finally, I met the first french person here today that said my accent was cool. Haha thanks very much mr.doctor. :P 

Ok then,
Until next time, 
Xoxo 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment