Thursday, January 23, 2014

Playing catch up



Hi everyone!! 
I trust that my absence has been a sign that I've been enjoying myself and all that good stuff. Hope everyone had a good holiday season and happy New Years from France!! 

I'm not going to try to talk about everything since my last post, but I will say that I had an amazing Christmas break!! The first day of break I went to Cannes and Nice with my host family. Aka, the Mediterranean which was absolutely a dream come true for me!! 


So that was Saturday and Sunday, Monday, I went to Lyon with my host mom, and neighbor! Lyon is the capital of the region where I live. It was absolutely huge! But it had some of the coolest old archetecture I got to see a good friend from the states!
 

Then of course was Christmas! Eek!! It was actually easier than I expected it to be. I think that was due to my host family, they were absolutely great. <3 not to say that I didn't miss my family in the states, but I was able to Skype with them during there Christmas dinner, so in a scence I "was there" 
Also- tried all the typical Christmas food of France, which I can say is very very "different" As seafood isn't really my favorite, I wasn't a big fan. But I'm proud to say that I have now tried oysters, snails, and frois gras! 

Just after Christmas I went traveling with another rotary family and one of my best friends here. It was absolutely so kind of them to invite me, and I loved it!! 
We went to, Nimes, Le point du garde, Arles, Set, and Carcassone. I haven't gotten these pictures edited from my camera, so I'll just put those from my phone. But sorry for the quality. 

Le cassoulet, the speciality of Carcassone!! 
Awwweeee..


Last weekend, I went snowshoeing!!! In the alps!! 

So today makes 5 months in France!! Wow. I can't believe it!! :D I really love it here, I can't believe it's half way over. This definately shows how time flies. Take advantage of every moment, because befor you know it, it will be over!! 

Until next time! :) 
P.s next time.. Post in French! 

Bisous 
Sydney




No comments:

Post a Comment