Wednesday, August 7, 2013

What can I say?


                


14 days!! Wow, where did the time go? It seems like yesterday it was just an idea and now, now I'm leaving in 14 days. 

For anyone who isn't up to speed, I'll try to recap a little! 
My name is Sydney Heersink, and during 2013-2014, I will be in Valence France as a rotary youth exchange student! 

Do I speak French you may ask? I have had two years, so nothing major, but to me isn't that the whole point? Taking a small amount of knowledge weather it is language, culture, etc, and growing it into something worthwhile and complex? :) 

And why do I want to be an exchange student? It's something inexplicable- just like the title says, wanderlust. A strong inexplicable desire to travel. I ADORE traveling! I want to experience another culture and another place. I also love the way French sounds, and the landscape, and basically I just want to EXPLORE FRANCE! :) 

I consider it a huge honor that I received the opportunity! I literally have the sweetest host families, ill live in a beautiful area, and I could not ask for any more! 

Ok stick with me and I will keep you all updated!! Pictures too! Feel free to post any questions/comments I would love to answer them! 
I hope to get another post up before I leave, maybe even on one of my flights! If not I will talk to you in France! 
:) 

Xoxo 

Sydney 

1 comment:

  1. Wow that's great I hope you have a great time I will for sure keep reading your blog love and miss you lots Miriam

    ReplyDelete